Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Talk About It

Okay everyone...I'm going to call this "Talk About it Tuesday".  I don't know if anyone else does anything like this on Tuesdays, but today I thought I would ask a question for everyone.

Here goes:  do you use CAFE/Daily 5 in your classroom?  I know that it is very effective in 1st and 2nd, but I don't know if it is workable in 3rd.  I took a class on it last summer and was ready to go...didn't work out so well.  Then I reread the book again this year, but once again I find it hard to implement with state testing at the third grade level. 

I'm also curious about Guided Math.  I'm reading that one now.  Sorry to ask a question and not share today, but I was just curious what you guys all do.

Thanks-
Tracey :)

4 comments:

  1. Tracey,
    I have an award for you! Stop by my blog to retrieve it!!


    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used D5 & CAFE effectively with 2nd and 3rd grade. Our state testing begins in 3rd grade and our kiddos usually do pretty well. Do you have any specific questions I can answer? I'm going to give guided math a shot this year with 2nd grade.
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Storie! Thanks for responding. Here goes: The hardest part for me last year was the amount of time it took in the beginning of the year. I have to get through my reading basal and I couldn't fit in the amount of time it took to prepare the class with what I had to fit in. Do you use a basal with it? And did you follow the step by step pacing as stated in the book???

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover