Friday, July 6, 2012

Tabletop Pocket Charts

I had to order my son the Toad from Mario for an early birthday present on Amazon.  And you know when you order something, you can’t just order one thing.  It would cost too much in shipping, right?  So I ordered a tabletop pocket chart from Learning Resources.  I didn’t really see the measurements because it said tabletop so I thought small enough to sit on a tabletopand it was only $15.00.


Then a couple days later, my husband needed a new battery for his computer.  I have the Amazon account, so he asked me to order for him.  Well, once again, you can’t just order one thingthink of the shipping costs.  So I ordered another one of the tabletop pocket charts.  I thought since I have 3 tables in my room that would work out great.  And it was still only $15.00


So I get this HUGE box from Amazon.  I know it is not my son’s stuffed Toad from Mario because he is only 6 inches tall.  I know it’s not my husband’s battery because it’s not that big.  My son and I open the box that we could both fit into.  And what’s in the box???  Two HUGE tabletop pocket charts.  I mean look at the size of these.  And for $15.00???  Really??


    



Isn’t it awesome??  I just measured them and they are 20 inches tall and 24 inches wide.  They are too big for the small trapezoid tables in my room but I’ll use one for my rectangle table and I don’t know what for the other one. 


It’s so wonderful when you HAVE TO shop at it works out for the better! 

Happy shopping everyone! 
Tracey

4 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome deal!!! I'm going to have to check them out on Amazon! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracey-
    I just saw a post you left on another blog about PBIS. We are a PBIS school too. What types of reward/management specifics do you use in your classroom. I use a color clip chart that I found off Pinterest. My whole grade level used them last year. I also found a corresponding kit to go with them on TpT.
    Anywho...I am your newest follower. Hop on over and check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Patti
    Tales from a 4th (and 5th) Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti. I'm a new follower of your blog. Lots of great stuff on there!

      Yes, we will be on year 3 of PBIS and I've been on our committee the whole time. I do a clip chart for behavior in the classroom. The classes also earn marbles from other teachers/staff around the school. Once they get 25 marbles the class comes up with a reward.

      We also do tickets for all children in our school. We HAVE to give out a certain number each day. The kids can use them for monthly rewards and/or prizes.

      Does that help? You can email me if you want an idea of our monthly rewards or any other questions. This year we are starting Tier 2, ugg! teachtb@sbcglobal.net

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover