Monday, July 2, 2012

My Shopping

Okay, so I made a mistake and hit the Lakeshore Learning store in my area.  They have a nice sale going on.  I know...you're going to tell me that their back-to-school sale starts July 5th so why in the world would I be shopping before the 5th.  Well, if anyone has a Lakeshore store near them or have ordered from them online, you will understand.  I really went in just to order a couple new common core things.  Next thing I know I'm walking out with all of this stuff.

 Small Group/Center Stuff - reading comprehension, geometry, and money
Fluency/History - reader's theaters for history


The good thing is...at least I remembered to still place the order I originally went in for.  Yeah me!  Although I had to pay for these new things AND the order.  Oh well, just don't tell my husband!  :)

If you are looking for some things that sound like they would work with the common core, look at this:  
Reading Informational Text Common Core Standards Learning Center

Reading Informational Text Common Core Standards Learning Center FF614

I know that nonfiction and informational text is a big part of the common core in third grade and it is sometimes difficult for my students, so I thought this sounded good.  I'll let you know how it works out.  It also has one for language, reading fundamentals, and phonics, but I only ordered this one to see it in persont.




I also ordered these:


Solve & Check Math Sliders - Complete Set
Solve & Check Math Sliders - Complete Set DD820X
I want to read up some more this summer on guided math and maybe try it out this year.  So I thought these self-checking sliders that cover graphs, fractions, money, place value, and problem solving could work out for small group or centers, too.  I'll have to see once they come in.


Well, that's all my shopping for today.  It's too hot out here, it is really limiting my spending today!  

10 comments:

  1. I looooooove Lakeshore, once a friend and I spent around 7 hours in one, well of course we live in Mexico and we don't go often, but still!!!!! I totally understand that you can't walk in and out without buying anything, impossible task ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people would say 7 hours...that's crazy. I would say 7 hours...how LUCKY!

      Delete
  2. Lakeshore is never good for my wallet LOL. I love everything that they have & it's getting close to that time of year when I have to pay them a visit. :)
    I love what you bought!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's not good on the wallet. But I love their stuff and so does my class!

      Delete
  3. I can't go in there with leaving with a cart full of stuff...including preschool stuff for my daughter! It's never pretty!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always something to fill your cart!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Tracey... I just found your site thanks to Tonya. Just like yourself I am fairly new to the blogging world and just trying to figure everything out as I go along. You are very lucky to have someone experienced like Tonya to help you out! I am your newest follower and hope you can stop by my blog to say hi sometime!
    :0) Melissa
    www.moretime2teach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa. It's nice to know there are some more newbies out there! I know how lucky I am that Tonya helped me out. Thanks for following and I will stop by your blog :)

      Delete
  5. I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by to see!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said thank you for the award. I did in an email, but never on here. So...THANK YOU! It was no nice to see!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover