Saturday, July 7, 2012

Clip Chart


I don’t know if you use a clip chart behavior system in your classroom, but I made a new one to match my new theme for this year.  Last year my theme was frogs, so it was froggy themed.  This year my theme is mystery, so I made a mystery one.  I use the smaller clothespins.  I like to put numbers on the clips instead of numbers, just in case a parent walks in.  I also keep it by my desk and not out in front of the classroom.  Just so it’s not too obvious to the other students. 

And I know what you’re thinkingyou change your theme every year?  Yup!  Am I crazy or what?  Oh well, this year is mystery/detectives, last year was frogs, year before Jungle Safari, year before sports, and on and on.  One of these days I’m going to stick to just one theme, but who knows when I will smarten up!



Let me know what you think.  I kinda really like it!  It has categories like:  Ready to Investigate,  Outstanding Investigation, and I Spy Parent Contact.  It will be my newest thing at my store at TPT if you are interested.  And if you are doing a mystery theme, let me know.  It feels kinds lonely out there for that type of theme!  

What theme are you doing this Fall??



Tracey

4 comments:

  1. I love your clip chart! I'm doing a pirate theme. I've had that for the last 4-5 years now & I feel like I have so much $$ invested in it to switch it. I really do have fun with it & so do my students. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought about pirates, but I like starting the year with a good mystery, so I thought I'd try mystery this year. Did you see my fun vocabulary treasure activity on TPT? It is pirate themed and my kids LOVE it!

      And I saw little incentive charts with treasure chests on them at Target today for I think $2. Maybe you could use them with your pirate theme?!?

      Delete
  2. I like that you went with a mystery theme. I will be using a clip chart for the first time this fall. I have yet to decide where to hang it, but I am considering a location that isn't in a high traffic area for all to see.
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Storie. I started the year with it on my front chalkboard with the kid's names on it. By a week I changed it to numbers and over by my desk!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover