I'll start with my something new. I got these adorable super kitties from Scrappindoodles and couldn't figure out what to use them for. I mean they are so cute. I decided to make new reading strategy posters. I used the vocabulary and definitions right from the Common Core. If you like them, please head over to my TPT store. I know...right...cute, huh? I showed them to my son who will be in 2nd and he said he would ready them because they look cool...flying cats! So maybe my students will read them too???
There are 2 Linky Parties I want to tell you about. The first one is from Christi at Designs by Christi from Ms. Fultz's Corner. She makes those wonderful designs for blogs. She is giving away a free blog design! I want you to enter, but boy would I love to win!
The next one is from Janis at
I’m really excited about this. I was talking to another newbie to start one, but Janis beat us to it! Please link up and get the word out on us newbies!
Here is what you need to share for the linky:
1. what state you are in2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource
Here are my answers:
1. I live in Illinois2. I teach third grade.
3. I’ve taught first through sixth grade and was reading specialist in my career, but I always come back to third. I’ve been in third for over 18 years total.
4. I started blogging June 30, 2012.
5. I just learned how to create direct downloads from