Monday, April 1, 2013

Currently...my first one!

I'm so excited to join Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for my first Currently ever!
So here goes....
 
 
Listening-my 7 year old is into game shows lately.  Wheel of Fortune is his favorite.  So today, our first day off alone together, we watched all the game shows on daytime TV and he wanted more.  So...I happened to find the game show network.  Well there you go....it's been on ever since!
 
Loving-I love spending time with my family.  My parents came over for Easter dinner.  My college aged son came home just for the weekend, too.  And then of course there is at least 4 days just me and my 7 year old!  YEAH!!!
 
Thinking-of our Disney trip.  We go there every year, but this year we are flying instead of driving.  Yes, driving.  We usually spend the 18 hours driving there each year.  I am so happy that we found reasonable air fare so we can drive!  This will be my son's second time flying.
 
Wanting-those nasty germs to go away!  It has been cold here in the Chicago area, too cold to keep windows open.  So my son came down with Strep on Friday (yes, our first day off for Spring Break) and my husband and I have head colds....germs germs go away do NOT come back any day soon...please!
 
Needing-just realized it's time for medicine for me and my son!
 
Advice-this is advice that I needed to hear from some of my bloggy buddies last week.  You do need to be proud of what you have accomplished.  Just having a blog and a TPT/TN store makes me proud.  I need to remember that more often!  :)
 
So that's it...my first Currently.  Yeah!  :)
 

14 comments:

  1. I hope your family starts to feel better soon! I love Disneyland! We usually go every summer too but because of my foot injury last year we didn't go last year.

    Cindy
    JustAnotherPBJDay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about those darn germs! I went to Disneyland once as a kid. I hope your foot lets you go again really soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, Disney! It's still our family's happiest place to escape! Flying will be so nice for you!!
    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It really is the happiest place on Earth! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE DISNEY!!! :) How fun that you go every year!!! I think you gave some great advice as well! :) Something to remember! :)

    Katie
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know how lucky we are to be able to go. We make it a family reunion with my neice and nephew (and family) who are on the East coast! Super fun for the kids! :)

      Delete
  4. Great advice! Sometimes we get caught up in the numbers, and I just love the thought of "Just being proud". Thanks for the reminder!

    Happy to be your newest follower :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I need to remember that more often as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the monthly "Currently"! I was so proud when I finally figured it all out (with the help of my friend). I used to watch all those game shows with my grandma when I was younger. I used to love Press Your Luck. I can't wait to go to Disney....someday!
    -Jen

    That First Grade Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were watch the $100,000 Pyramid and then the $25,000 Pyramid came on. My son wondered why people would want to be on the $25,000 when they could be on the $100,000! We were also loving the outfits! :)

      Delete
  6. We just got back from our Disney trip on Saturday. When are you going? Need any tips, just ask me. I have a bunch of opinions and suggestions on how to make it stress free, or as stress free as possible.

    I'm your newest follower thanks to Currently!

    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the April Currently! Get well soon!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Layla! We are trying to beat those germs! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover