Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tried it Tuesday

First I have to post this picture I found on Facebook this morning...

Photo: www.iampoopsie.com


I'm linking up with Holly again from Fourth Grade Flipper for her weekly Tried It Tuesday linky. 


This time I'm going to share something that is working in my class.  This is my Wonder Wall that I made this summer.


 

I use it after I teach a new topic.  I ask the kiddos what they are still wondering about with the topic or something they learned about the topic.  I use this as a group activity.  The do a Think-Pair-Share but with the four of them that they are sitting with.  I make sure my seating arrangement includes different abilities in each group.

After each member in the group share something about the topic, they have to pick what they want to write on their post it note.  Once they agree on what to write, they can write it. 

Then we share them all with the class.  This is a great way to check understanding of the topic and to see if I need to reteach or expand the lesson.

Go link up with Holly and see some other fantastic ideas!

9 comments:

  1. I have a wonder wall too, but yours is so much cuter! Thanks for sharing. I may need to redo mine this summer!
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I haven't thought about using a wonder wall for a few years... may have to bring it back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you have displayed this board with the think bubbles. It is very eye catching. Don't the students love writing on post its? Thanks so much for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover