Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Made It - April Edition

I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her monthly Monday Made It. 

 
 
I wanted to share something that I made for organizing.  I use these bins from Lakeshore for center stuff and the tall ones from Michael's for my subject stuff.

Sort & Store Book Organizer
Lakeshore bins
 
I actually have two of these.


But I like my daily stuff to be organized as well.  So I made this to organize my Monday - Friday folders.


 

All I used was fabric, a dowel rod, and ribbon.  I used cute polka dot material to match my room theme.  I don't sew, so this isn't sewn, it is tied together with ribbons.

Here is what I did.  I put a file folder in the fabric to make sure the pocket was a little bit bigger than the folder.  I made 6 pockets:  Monday - Friday and then another one for Next Week.  I tied the sides together using the ribbon.  Then I folded the top over the dowel rod and tied that with ribbon as well.  I attached the same ribbon at the top to be able to hang it.


I put two removable hooks on the wall at school and hung it up.  I used heavy duty hangers so that I could really load this up.  I since those hooks are removable, if I change rooms again or want to change the location on it I can do it quick and easy!


Don't forget to link up.  Tara's linky will be up all month long!  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover