Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring Break Surprise

I forgot to share this with you all.  A few weeks ago a student came to my desk and asked me what my favorite fruit was.  I told her pineapple.  I didn't think anything of it...you know how many times our students come to us throughout the day asking random questions...no big deal.

Well it was the last day before Spring Break and this student came in the classroom with the biggest smile on her face.  She had something behind her back and started giggling.  I asked her what was going on and she said she had a prize for me.

 
The note says "Happy Spring!"
 
 
My face must have been priceless because she started laughing so hard.  And then she reminded me how she asked me what my favorite fruit was a few weeks ago.  I laughed so hard as she handed me this huge pineapple.  And then I told her....thank goodness I didn't say my favorite was watermelon. 
 
We both hugged and laughed until the bell rang! And of course I had to go show off my pineapple to all the other teachers and principal!
 
Don't you just love your kiddos when they make you smile?!  :)
 

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover