Wednesday, August 15, 2012

T.H.I.N.K.

Catching title, huh?  Do you use THINK in your classroom?  I have it right above my alphabet line in the front of my classroom.  Some people asked me questions about it in my classroom reveal, so I thought I would explain it a little more.

THINK is a way to get your students to think before they speak.  Sometimes students are not very nice to each other, especially at recess.  So I use this strategy to help out with this with my students.

Here is what THINK stands for:

T = Is it TRUE
H = Is it HURTFUL?
I = Does it INSPIRE?
N = Is it NECESSARY?
K = Is it KIND?

I use it to try and do away with the tattling and the hard words that some students have trouble with.
Here is a picture of my display.

I ask my students "Did you THINK when you said that?  It takes a little practice, but once the children follow this, I have very little tattling or hurtful words!  YEAH!  If you have any more questions about this strategy, just let me know!

Have a great evening!

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this on Pinterest as poster, but I like how you have displayed it! I know several staff members (and myself) could use this reminder at times!

    MaTeaching Special Kidsry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. And I agree about the staff member idea! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! Those are my class rules. I tell the kids I'm not going to make rules about not hitting or talking during teaching because they already know that. T.H.I.N.K. is the most important set of rules for our school year!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! They really do help in the classroom.

      Delete
  3. That is the greatest idea! I think I might be snatching that one up for my class. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jessica
    Teach on a Limb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. Go ahead and snatch away! Hope it works well for you! :)

      Delete
  4. I THINK I'm going to "copy" you! I like the way you displayed it! Thanks for sharing!! Best wishes for a great school year!

    Janis
    Grade Three is the Place for Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janis. Go ahead and "copy" (or creative reusing????). Best wishes for a great school year to you as well! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover