Friday, August 17, 2012

Reading Workshop

Yesterday, I told you how I'm going to teach math using a math workshop approach.  Today I'm going to share my reading workshop approach.  It is pretty much the same.  I will start each day out by doing a skills warm up and then I will teach a whole class reading lesson. Then I will assign them an activity to do. Here is a picture of my Reading Workshop signs.


I have Read to Someone, Read to Self, Listen to Reading, Meet with the Teacher, Vocabulary, Word Work, and Writing.  I will eventually have my students pick their activity, but in the beginning I will choose it until I get a feel for their needs.

I did the same as my math chart...printed the signs out as a 6 slide on one page and used another wonderful $1.00 pocket chart from Target.  I have them hanging on my chalkboard with the purple reading one on top and the green math one on the bottom.

What do you think????


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover