Sunday, June 23, 2013

Totally Random

This is going to be a totally random post (just like the title said), but I wanted to share something with you all.  I was going through the mess of the century my office and I found this special thing my dad made for me last year.  So I wanted to share it with you all.

Last summer, my son wanted to change his room over.  When his room was a nursery, we decorated in sailboats.  It was super cute.  We have been adding "older kid stuff" type things to his room each year, but this was the big time....his sailboat border was coming down. 

I cannot tell you how hard that was, not physically, but mentally.  It was the end of my little baby's room....

Sailboats gone, Mario and Luigi were in.  He loved it, but I was kinda bummed.  My dad knew who emotionally I was (how do dad's know that?), so he surprised me with a little something. 

He asked to see a piece of the border.  I had a little bit of the original roll left over, so I gave him a hunk of it.  Not thinking about it of course...

This is what he made for me.



He took a complete section of the border and made me a frame to put it in.  Yes, made the frame.  He wanted it to match the color wood I have all over my house.  Isn't it the best???  Once I do a Office Makeover, it will be hanging on the wall.

I just had to share it since I found it in that sinkhole office of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover