Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Am I really an antique?

Today was my first official day of summer break (YEAH!!).  So what do my 7 year old and I do with ourselves?  We go over to my parents house to help them pull things out of their attic for our multi-family garage sale this weekend!

What were we thinking???  Well as my son, parents, and myself are going through things we would pull things out and say "Ooooo...that is old.  We should see if it is an antique!"  Or "Wow, that is totally an antique!"  Then we look again and it was stuff from my childhood.  MY CHILDHOOD!  My old Barbies, my brother's old GI Joe, old KISS posters...  I even found an old necklace of John Travolta from the Welcome Back Kotter show.

  Barbie's RV - check out those colors!
 
 

     
Barbie's Townhouse - with working elevator!
 
 
      
Barbie's Friend Ship Airport
 


        
Barbie's  Pool Party - isn't this cool???


We even found this gem...my Mr. Peanut peanut butter maker!


So finding all that stuff that was mine...it's antique now?  Does that make me an antique?  Can I sell ME on EBay and get lots of money?  I don't think so!

It was so fun going down memory lane with my parents and my son.  I left there feeling old, but so happy to share those memories with the people I love best!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover