Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hobby Lobby - Before Pictures Day 1


I FINALLY made it to Hobby Lobby.  I read about all the great stuff you all get from there, but I have a Michael's so much closer to my house.  It's just easier to go to Michaels.  Well, not for the summer!

I was watching my nephew (who lives about 45 minutes away from us in Indiana) the other day and we decided to go the World's Best Gummy Bear Factory, Albanese.  Have you ever been there?  It is in Merrillville, Indiana. They show you how they make candy (well it's a video presentation, but you get to look into windows that show the actual working factory).  It is so much fun watching gummy candies being made and then the giant robots filling the boxes. And I have to say that yes, their gummy bears are the BEST!!!!  Click on the picture and it will take you to their site.

Albanese Candy

Anyway, I wasn't blogging about that.... on to what I was talking about.  Hobby Lobby.  On the way back to the expressway, I saw a Hobby Lobby sign.  My nephew, son and mother were all fed (we stopped at McDonalds, of course) I decided for a little Mommy stop.

Boy, I don't know if that was a good idea!  I spent way too much money!  But it was so much fun!  I wanted to show you some things I bought that I'm going to cute-ify.  I'll share these now and then I'll show you the after pictures once I finish them all (just give me a little time to finish everything, okay)!
 
 
 
Sorry, I couldn't get this to rotate.  Ugg!  But here is a banner that I'm going to put my name on and leave up all year long.  I'm going to hang it behind my teacher's area.
 

Here are the scrapbook sheets I bought to make the banner.  I know, I make banners to sell at TPT, but I wanted to incorporate chevron into my polka dots so it's easier to match the paper.  And if you know me, you know it all has to match!
  

I have some nice glittery READ letters I used last year, but I need to change them.  Why?  a)  the colors don't match my room colors, b) they kept falling off the wall, and c) because I want to cover these with lots of colors (so when I change my room colors-AGAIN-they will blend in and I won't have to change them out).

Yes, you saw this right, $2.40!  Yes, Bargain!!!
 
This is what was $2.40.  I'm going to paint it and reattach the clips. 
Stay tuned to see the results!
 

Uggg...I can't get this to turn either!  Anyways, this I bought on sale.  I've decided that I want some fun little girly things in my room.  I don't know about you, but it was a revelation this summer...I AM a girl!  I try to keep things neutral for all my students, but I've decided to add some accents in and around my teacher area just for me.  And this was super cute!

I'll share the next bunch of things I bought from Hobby Lobby next time (yes, there is more)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover