Sunday, January 6, 2013

There Was a Cold Lady FREEBIE

Hi Everyone.  I can't believe I start back to work on Monday.  Where did Winter Break go???  I've had so much fun with my buddy (my 7 1/2 year old) that it's hard to send him back to second grade!  :(  Oh well...time to start thinking ahead to the bright smiling 20 third graders I'll be seeing on Monday.  Right... positive... right????

If you are a follower of mine then you know that I LOVE the I Know an Old Lady... books.  I read them to my class all throughout the year.  Since I know we will be super busy the first week of school (end of the 2nd quarter, NWEA testing, PBIS assembly, etc...) I decided to change things up a little this time.

I made a cute partner reading center activity.  I will have the students read the book together with a partner.  Then they will choose one person to be the "guesser" and one person to be the "checker".  The guesser's job is to put the pictures from the story in sequence order from memory.  The checker's job is to use the book to check the answers.

Here is a picture of what the pages look like. 



I'm thinking the students will have fun doing the winter story together in a center format this time.  And this way, they are working together on their sequencing skills and using the text (common core... sneaking huh)???

If you would like a copy, I will email it to you.  (I will email it to the first 10 bloggy friends who leave me their email address and comment below).

For everyone starting back on Monday or who started back last week...Have a wonderful, productive, and rewarding week back with your class!  :)

18 comments:

  1. I would love a copy. Thanks so much!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey,
    I agree that these breaks go by way too fast! I think back and wonder... what exactly did I get accomplished?!? lol Oh, well. :)

    This partner activity looks adorable - I'd love a copy!

    Thanks,
    cathy@missversteeg.com
    www.missversteeg.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Cathy! And I'm sure you accomplished a lot over your break! The freebie is on its way.

      Delete
  3. I would love a copy! Thank you!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "OLd Lady" books. Thanks for the generous offer. I'd love a copy.
    Mary at Pitner's Potpourri
    pitnerm107@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the Old Lady books! Thanks so much for sharing your great idea! I'd love a copy. My address is buchanana@flaglerschools.com
    Thank you, Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those books are just so much fun for my kiddos. They especially love writing their own versions each time around the season we are in! Your freebie is on its way! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Tracey, Just dropping in to check on the email. I didn't receive the Old Lady materials. I imagine they got lost in cyberland. Would you mind to try again? Thanks so much, Angie

      Delete
    3. I am really having trouble sending it to you. Every time I send it to you it bounces back to me. I'll try again. If you don't get it, can you just email me and I'll reply it back to you??? So sorry...

      Delete
    4. I just tried again and it says failure notice...site blocked. Do you have a different email I can send it too???

      Delete
    5. Hi Tracey, I can't figure out what the problem is, but I just wanted to say I appreciate all the extra effort. I apologize for the trouble and thanks again for trying. And especially thanks for the great ideas on your blog! Definitely one of my favorites!
      Angie
      Buchanana@flaglerschools.com

      Delete
  6. I would love a copy. My kiddos and I love those books too!!
    mrsamaru@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to use it!!
    Lholtje@sachem.edu

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover