Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Love Is... A Cute Bulletin Board


Here is a cute bulletin board that I like to put on my classroom door for valentine's day.  I worked on it with my class last week.

With third graders as soon as you mention LOVE you hear EWWWW.  After that initial "stop saying that discussion" we then talk about what love really is.  Examples I use are:  a hug from mom, a high five from dad, cookies cooking when I get home, a sloppy wet kiss from my dog...  Once I start that discussion then look out - ideas just start coming.


 
Here is the sign I put on the door.
 
Here are the hearts that my students wrote on. 
 

 
It's always a lot of fun to do this activity and see what LOVE means to them.  There are always a few that touch my heart.  Here is what one student wrote:  "Love is...doing my best on something and seeing my teacher smile!"  AWWW...they are so sweet, especially around Valentine's day!
 
Here is a picture of the finished door...
 
 
 
Isn't it "LOVE"ly???
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, so sweet! They look great! I had a really nice discussion with my kiddos late last year. I wasn't able to make their presentation night as my son's was on the same night, so I was giving them a little pep talk telling them how proud I was of them and their hard work throughout the year and I finished the conversation with "and remember...." and a little girl piped up with "you LOOOVVVEE us all". Brought a tear to my eye as that is what I said to them regularly through the year. It is lovely that they know you care about them.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania! I love your story. It really warms your heart when they realize that we really do care...

      Delete
  2. Super cute! I always do the same thing on my door- but the hears you made are super cute! :)

    Katie
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover