Monday, January 7, 2013

Common Core Writing

In third grade I am used to narrative, persuasive, and expository essay writing. With the common core, they have changed to Argument, Informational/Explanatory, and Narrative.

I really have to step up with doing some writing activities with my students.  I usually do 1 or 2 writing activities each month, but they are usually narrative.  My students are getting much better with writing narratives, but with argument and informational/explanatory writing...I haven't done much with these yet.

Here are some of my new writing activities that I've added to TPT store.   

 
This first one is an Argument type of writing activity.  The students pick one winter activity that they feel is the best.  Then they write an essay explaining their opinion on why it is the best. 
 

 
This one is a how-to or what the common core calls Informational/Explanatory.  The students pick one activity that they can write directions for.  Then they have to explain how to do it using information from their brainstorming activities.
 
 
Click on the pictures to see my sets.  How are you doing teaching writing skills to your students this year??? 
 
Happy Writing in 2013!


2 comments:

  1. I replied to your email yesterday, but it bounced back to me. Here's a link for the pin it button though. :) http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover