Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Reindeer Writing

I used this cute Rudolph art project that I got from Amy from Step Into Second Grade  (click on the picture to go to TPT to download this freebie).

Reindeer Craft

I had my students color their reindeer any way they wanted.  They could decide where they wanted to put bow (to make it a boy or girl), what color they wanted the nose (Rudolph, a regular reindeer), etc.  Then they glued it onto a piece of construction paper and decorated a background scene.  I was sneaky...I didn't tell them why (don't you just love being sneaky with your students...I do!).

The next day I gave them back to the class and told them to write a story about their reindeer.  I told them they could write anything they wanted.  I gave them the writing paper and they were so excited.  I don't normally give them a free writing project (too much state test prep), so this was sooooo much fun.  Can you imagine the conversations I heard about their reindeer's adventure??? Too cute!  Here is a picture of the writing paper I gave them.




Here are some of the papers the students turned in..

          

          


Aren't they cute???

3 comments:

  1. I love your reindeer writing stories! They turned out really cute!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy. We had a lot of fun doing them!

      Delete
  2. I love giving students free rein to just write....I feel like I haven't had enough time this year to do that though, love the reindeer!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover