Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shared Writing Journals

My class is really enjoying my shared writing journals!  During center time, one of my centers is writing.  I have a bunch of different activities the children can do in this center, but they keep going for the shared writing journals.  They even write in them during free time!

Shared Writing Journal Topics 

I only put out 6 journals to start with.  I figure after Christmas break I will put out 6 more and then 6 more again after Easter break.  I wanted the children to get excited about the journals and not become bored with all 18 out at once.

Here are some examples of what they look like once the kiddos have written in them.


    
 
 
 
     

 

  

 
 
How are your shared writing journals going???
 
 

2 comments:

  1. My kiddos are loving their shared journals. I have also included some sticky notes so that students can leave messages on other students work. I have encouraged them to say 1 positive and 1 improvement comment. They love it!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of putting sticky notes with the journals! The students will LOVE writing comments!
      Thanks Tania! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover