Monday, October 8, 2012

Marble Party

Okay so my kiddos won their first marble party of the year!  YEAH!  Whenever my class goes to a special class (art, music, computers, gym, library, recess, lunch) they can earn a marble for good behavior.  Our whole school uses this program (it is part of PBIS).  Last year I used a small jar that was only a few inches tall.  The children really lost interest in it fast.  Probably because the size was so small.

This year I made a new jar.  I blogged about it in the summer.  You can see my post below.  This is what it looks like full.  I sticky tac it onto the shelf...that way it won't fall and spill all over!


When we get back to school tomorrow, we will have to vote for a class activity.  Does anyone have any great ideas to share with me???  I don't really want to wear pjs and have a popcorn party.  Any suggestions would be WELCOME!!!!!

Thank you for the ideas...in advance!  :)



8 comments:

  1. My kids LOVE lunch in the class. I let them watch a magic school bus and they think it is just the best prize in the world. I have also given bonus recess, game day, choice day (they get to pick what learning center they do). etc.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. I love the movie with lunch in the classroom! Great idea! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know if your school has smart boards, but we have hooked our Wii up to the Smart Board and got Just Dance. All the kids stand up to dance, but they switch off who holds the remotes :) They LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! But no...we don't have Smartboards! :(

      Delete
  3. If you have passes, let each student pick their own. That way everyone gets something they like! Last time I let them choose, the most popular passes were homework, soda for the day, and read to another class.

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! I'm going to remember this one for later in the year! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. My class love free choice games. We put 20 minutes on the timer, pick 6 of our favorite games, then each child gets 3 counters. They can either put 3 in one, 2 in one and 1 in another or 1 counter in each bowl that goes with each game. Then children take it in turns to cast their vote - we then put the games in order and see how many of the different games we can work through in 20 minutes - they love it because they picked the games!!!!
    We love:
    Heads down thumbs up
    Silent Catchy
    Frog Murder
    Corners (putting hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs around the room, children go in a corner while another who is blindfolded calls out the suit - if it is called out then children sit down in that corner! It keeps going until 1 child is left.)
    Sleep Lions (lying as still as you can - those who move are out)
    Math Games

    etc.

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas Alison...thanks. What is Frog Murder and Silent Catchy????

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover