Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tried it Tuesday Linky

I'm linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper for her first ever linky...Tried it Tuesday.  This post is about something I made, lost, found, and tried!


Photobucket
Click on the button to link up!
 

I saw this idea over the summer on Pinterest.  I made it and was super excited about it.  Well I put it in a safe place...so safe that I forgot about it until this week!  Don't you hate when you do that.

Story map
Sorry...I don't know the original owner.  If it is you, please let me know

Anyways...I used it on our current story Lon Po Po.  I didn't want to have the students write on the poster with dry erase markers or use sticky notes, so I cut paper to fit the poster. 

I wrote the title on a strip.  As a class we discussed the theme.  I had 5 strips left.  I have my students sitting in 4 groups of 5, so I gave each group one strip and they had to answer it.  Then they had to decorate it to match the story.

Here is the final product. 


Didn't it turn out cute?  Now I have to go hunt down other things I made this summer that I put into that safe place!

And don't forget about my giveaway.  It ends Sunday.  Click on the picture to go directly there.



10 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I may need to do that later next week when we finish our read aloud. Thanks for sharing.
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this story map! What a great review for testing, too! I am definitely making one... thanks! :)
    Love this new linky party, too!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ameilia! I so glad I found it again (heehee). I LOVE this linky too! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a cute idea! I am pinning your post so that I can find it when I decide to get crafty and make one :)
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! My students really like to do it, too!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea. I need a reminder like this in my reading nook because I sometimes get so focused on our skill for the week or so excited about a book that I forget to talk about all the story elements. I think I may add this one to my to-do list.

    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I know what you mean about forgetting the basics! The kiddos are really liking this. :)

      Delete
  6. Another third grade teacher from Illinois! Thanks for sharing this great chart. It's a nice reminder for the kids about the part of a story.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover