Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Funny I had to Share

I'm standing in the hallway, as my students arrive, talking to another third grade teacher.  I go in to start the morning stuff (attendance, homework collecting, etc.).  One of my students comes over and says, "Wow, that is really funny!"  I asked him what he was talking about.  He said what I did in the library.

Here is what I see-

 
 
At this point...I'm laughing so hard.  I try and find out who did it.  I was convinced one of my students did it and my class was convinced I did it.  We are having so much fun with this that in walks my principal.  He asks what is going on and I tell him that my critters are reading and we all thought it was funny!  He laughs, says only in my room, and leaves to start the pledge.
 
In the meantime no one says who did it.  I know I didn't!  A student walks in from using the bathroom to ask what was going on.  I told him, and he says that he did it when I was out in the hall.  He said that the class critters, as we call them, liked that book the last time he read it in the library so he thought they would like to read it again!  After that we all laughed even louder!
 
I had to share this as this is what happens in my classroom a lot.  Laughter is the best way to reach children and sneak in learning...don't you think so too???
 
And don't forget my little giveaway is going on until Easter Sunday.  Click on the picture to go and enter!
 
 


10 comments:

  1. You are right Tracey, laughter is great in a classroom - especially if the kids get to laugh at the teacher. I have no pride so I am fine with my gang tricking me, telling a nonsense joke, or just hearing them giggle when I (once again)lose my glasses, shoes, mouse,etc.
    Keep Smiliing!
    Joanne
    www.ThirdGradeIsThePlaceToBE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! A smile a day keeps classroom boredom away! :)

      Delete
  2. I love to laugh with my students, I wish I could laugh more this year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you aren't laughing too much this year. At least we are in the final stretch of the year, right???

      Delete
  3. Completely agree! We laugh LOTS in our classroom. I have a poster that says "a day without laughter is a day wasted".
    I also love that the animals are "reading" a book with an animal on it.
    Enjoy!
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...a moose reading a book with a bear on the cover...heeheehee! :)

      Delete
  4. Too cute! I so agree with having laughter in the classroom, I am in the middle of parent interviews and I am proud to say that every parent....so far... has said that their child is really enjoying being in my class and is having so much fun, and wow, they are really learning! Great way to get them engaged.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great Tania! It is so important that the kiddos have fun! :)

      Delete
  5. This is FABULOUS!! Don't you just love kids??
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover