Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Linky

 

I'm joining up with Mrs. Reed from Flying into First Grade for her first linky party called "Let's Get Acquainted".  What you have to do is share 3 things about yourself that you like or like to do using your initials. 
 
 My initials are TAS so I will choose 3 things starting with those letters.

T- is for technology. 
 
I feel that I still have soooooo much to learn about technology, but in the last 8 months since I started blogging I've come a looooonnnnngggg way.  I own my very own IPAD now (which I'm still trying to figure out how to draw on so that I can start making my own borders...any hints????).  I have a Facebook and Twitter page for my blog (which I don't update enough).  I even learned how to make things using Powerpoint to use in my classroom.  Like I said I have a long way to go, but I feel so much more techy now then I did last school year!
 
Sign up and download this Apple iPad 3 white image for as low as $0 ...
 
Ultimate Set Of Facebook & Twitter Icons Vector Material
 
A - is for always reading. 
 
I love to read.  I use my Nook all the time.  Originally I didn't want a Nook.  I was one of those people who only wanted to read a real book...now I couldn't live without my Nook.  I love mystery stories, especially those by Janet Evanovich or Mary Higgins Clark.
 
 
 
If you read these stories....are you a Diesel or Morelli fan???
 
 
 
S - is for smiling. 
 
I love to smile and laugh.  I find by adding humor into my day makes the day seem to go faster.  My 7 year old and I keep track of funny jokes we tell each other.  My students know I do this so lately they are writing down funny jokes so that I can share them with my son.  Ya gotta love that!


 
Here is a joke that two of my boys told me today:  What did the 500 pound mouse say to the cat? 
Here kitty kitty.  I know, right???
 
 
Okay now stop laughing at my corny joke (it was from my students, not me) and go link up with Mrs. Reed...  And p.s.  If there are any spelling mistakes, I'm sorry...but the spell check on Blogger wasn't working tonight.  Anyone else having troubles with Blogger lately???
 

4 comments:

  1. Morelli-All the way! I love my Nook, too. I turned my nose up at it at first. I am in love with it now! I love reading a book, but I love instant gratification more. Finish a book at 10:30? I've got a new one by 10:31. Love it!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the ease of finishing a book and getting another one quickly. I always have some in my Nook library so I can start a new one! Morelli, huh??? Yeah...I agree (but Ranger is so good to day dream about)!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Joe! I read all of them through 17. I finally got tired of the on again/ off again. Stephanie and Joe just need to get married already. She is like "Lucy". She'll still find a way to get in trouble.

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I always end her books saying "That's it. I can't read them anymore...can't take it anymore!" Then I buy the new book! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover