Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tried It Tuesday

I'm linking up with my good bloggy friend Holly again from Fourth Grade Flipper for her weekly Tried It Tuesday linky. 



This time I'm going to share something that is working in my class for classroom job rotation.  I made this super cute chart for my mystery themed classroom this year. 

I used to be in a different classroom where I could use a bulletin board to staple my jobs and their names onto.  But since I moved to a smaller classroom with less bulletin board space, I had to switch how I could display it.  So...here is what I came up with.

If you click on the picture, it will take you to my original
blog post showing it up on my wall.
 

I made little magnifying glasses with the student's names on them.  I have Velcro on the backs of the magnifying glasses and on the chart.  I glued ribbon on the back and used a 3M hanger on the wall.  It is the easiest job board I've ever used.  And it took up some wall space that I probably wouldn't have used before.

I change jobs every two weeks, so I just pull off the old names on the magnifying glasses and stick on the new ones.  I have a cute black polka dot bag that matches the ribbon on the chart where I keep the extra magnifying glasses.  It is so easy to change and keep up with, and no staples!
I am doing a fruit theme next school year and I am already working on stuff for my classroom.  I saw this adorable trimmer that was being discontinued from Creative Teaching Press and I thought ..oh my goodness is this adorable.  So...my new classroom theme was picked. 

I have it made already, but I don't have it laminated and put together yet.   I will post pictures when I have it cut out.
What do you think, crazy with the fruit, huh???  What theme are you doing next school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover