Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day Activity

We have been studying about the American Revolution for the last month.  We already learned about George Washington, so I took a little time talking about Abraham Lincoln. 

I got a few copies of this book from Scholastic.  It is an easy read for my third graders, but we didn't have a lot of time so it worked out well!

Then I made this cute Venn Diagram to compare and contrast Lincoln and Washington.
 


 
 
I had them write a paragraph about Washington, a paragraph about Lincoln, and a paragraph explaining their similarities (sorry I didn't take a picture of that).  We put them on my bulletin board with these cute headers. 

 
 
They really enjoyed learning about Lincoln since we have been so focused on Washington and the Revolution!  How did you celebrate President's Day?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover