Monday, February 4, 2013

Chocolate Unit

Hi everyone!  So sorry I haven't blogged in a few days.  My son was sick again...that darn stomach flu has really hit his school hard.  This is his second time since we've been back from Holiday Break!  Fingers crossed that darn flu bug can leave his school soon!

I'm getting ready to start my chocolate unit next week.  The unit lasts for two weeks (the most time I can use before state testing starts)!  I don't know if your school has a no junk food ban, but we do.  It really puts a damper on teaching a chocolate unit when you can't actually eat chocolate!

Oh well...I will be using the story Chocolate Touch in my classroom.  Have you read the book???  Great story and the children can really relate to it.  I have some fun activities that I am working on to update my unit.

I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory aloud to my class during this unit, too.  I bought the adorable graphics from Melonheadz that go along with this story.  Can't wait to put them to good use (I already made a fun character trait analysis project to go with the characters from this story)!

 

Does anyone use either of these two stories in their classroom?  Do you have any good ideas that you would like to share with me?  Would you like to see some of my "chocolate-tastic" ideas in the coming weeks???? 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see what your doing in your chocolate unit! Who doesn't love chocolate?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I will share some things in the next few days! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover