Sunday, September 30, 2012

Halloween FREEBIE

I reviewed dictionary skills recently.  My third graders acted like they never used a dictionary before.  AHHHH.  So needles to say, I spent some time reviewing dictionary skills and guide words. 

That went better, but then I went into ABC order (which at third grade should be a review) and boy was it disappointing.  They don't seem to remember how to put words in ABC order.  To help review without taking any more time in whole class, I made this fun ABC Order game for my centers. 



I'm feeling kinda lonely lately because I'm not really getting any comments lately,  so until tomorrow, if you are interested in a free copy, please leave me a comment about what seems to be a tough topic for your students this year.  You will need to also leave me your email address and I will send it to you for FREE. 


Remember...tell me a tough topic for your students right now and leave your email.  Comment and leave me your email before 5:00 Monday evening.  After that it will be for sale in my TPT store.  Thanks and I hope to "hear" from you all soon!  :)


18 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the comments sometimes! My 3rd grade ELLs are ready doing well with reading comprehension, it's the word study they are struggling with. And I am talking about, all the way back to consonant blends!

    **maxey
    thelocoteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely something that I will be using with my students! They are struggling with ABC order! Some of my students even have to sing the whole alphabet song to put words in order! Another tough topic for my students is subtracting larger numbers with regrouping- they don't like to borrow!! My email is teachermom79@gmail.com Thanks in advance!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love this! My students are struggling with rounding right now!! Yikes!

    Emily
    eah719@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! It was fun seeing how many people commented! :)

      Delete
  4. My tough topic right now is subtraction regrouping across zeros.

    Denise

    Yearn to Learn Blog
    taskcard123@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My students struggle with everything reading, or they would not come to see me. The second and third graders seem to have a hard time with ABC order too! It is something we continue to work on!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! I'm going to take a chance and be a little late so I can leave you a longer comment. My blog has been DEAD lately, too- I think everyone is just swamped heading back to school. I still have a few kids struggling with odd/ even, which is definitely a 2nd grade skill, but most of my kiddos have it!

    Thanks a ton for offering a freebie :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad
    luckeyfrogslilypad@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me your blog is dead lately too. I thought it was just me! :)

      Delete
  7. The biggest thing my students are struggling with is their study skills. The transition from 2nd to 3rd grade curriculum is hard for them!

    It's only 4:59 PM where I'm at! Better hit submit fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot my e-mail address :( misstarasi@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Study skills are crazy! Test taking skills are too... Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  8. You hit the nail on the head with the ABC order. Next would be compound subjects and predicates. I want to pull my hair out. Then throw in subtraction across zeros to the ten thousands in the afternoon and it is a very long day.

    Love your blog!!!

    Angie
    buchanana@flaglerschools.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried emailing you the freebie twice. Is it on her wrong??? Please let me know so that I can get it to you! Thanks! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover