Friday, September 7, 2012

Breaking News Comprehension

I like to use the 5+1 comprehension strategy in my classroom throughout the school year.  I have my students answer:  who, what, when, where, why, and how.  This is a bulletin board that I have that I use to review this strategy.  The idea came from Pinterest.  I do not know who's original idea it was...



I post it on newspaper so that it looks more like a breaking news story.  I don't laminate the newspaper because no matter what I do, it still turns yellow.  I just replace the newspaper each time I use it.

After I introduce this concept I use it for my guided reading groups.  The children love it because they feel like reporters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover