Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It - July 15


I'm linking up with the GREAT Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for her weekly linky.

Click here to link up.
 
My first one I saw originally on Pinterest:


            

The first picture is to keep track of the noise level in your classroom.  You just attach a clothespin on to the circle that meets your noise expectation.  The second picture goes along with the first.  Each time you tell your class that their noise level is too loud, they loose a letter off the word.  If they get to "NO", there is no more talking and you have a silent classroom.

I liked both of these ideas, but I needed to change it a little to fit into my class.  First, I didn't like the idea of having outside voice.  I don't even want to think of a time that I would allow my students to use an outside voice inside!  But that is me.

I also wanted to change it by adding some cute graphics.  Gotta love me some clip art!  And since I've switched my room theme from Crazy Fruit to Monsters...here is my final product with adorable monster clip art. 


Click on the picture to see it.
 
 
My next project is my new behavior clip chart, also with monsters!  I will use clothespins with my student's names on them to clip on the sides. 

 


 
You will see that I have 3 going up and 3 going down from Ready to Learn.  I used to have 2 more ways to clip up and 3 down.  While I was making this new one, my 8 year old son decided that my students should have the same opportunities going up as they do going down.  Lightbulb!!!  He was completely right.   So now, my students can go up 3 and down 3.  Genius!
 

Click on the picture to see it.


And here are my last two to share today.  I have decided to use brag tags and award coupons this year.  I needed to store them in something that would be easy for me to use and easy for my students to see.  I bought two containers from Michael's (on sale and our teacher discount...YES).  I made cute labels and tapped them on to the lids.  Here's how they turned out:

Cute monster again!
 
Graphics from the super talented Melonheadz and paper from this set (have you seen this set???  FANTASTIC!)
 
Okay, that is all I'm sharing today.  If you made it through this long blog...THANK YOU!!  I just have so much to share now that I feel I'm actually accomplishing things off my To Do List!  You can click on Tara's link at the top to join in the fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover