Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Great Common Core Book

It's me again.  I know...twice in one week???  Can it be that I'm finally settling into school and a routine again???  I sure hope so!

Now on to a great common core book that I found.  I don't know how things are going with common core at your school, but it isn't going too smoothly here.  We do not have a common core friendly curriculum and we are using our outdated textbooks that are at least 8 years old for math and older for reading!  Needless to say, I am scrambling!!!

Here is one that I found.

Click on the picture to go to Amazon.

I didn't buy this on Amazon.  I bought it at Lakeshore Learning.  I don't like buying books about common core on Amazon, because I never know what the book will be like.  It is cheaper on Amazon by a couple dollars.


It is different than any other book that I've found out there.  It is broken down into 3 main units:  narrative texts, informational texts, and opinions/arguments.  Then it breaks those down into 10 units ranging from personal narrative, social studies/science texts, fables, persuasive letters, etc.

The best thing about it???  It has 3 leveled reading passages but the comprehension questions are the same.  Isn't that neat?  They use the same vocabulary words, it is just different length texts.  That way you can have all your students reading "the same story". 

I'm planning on using it during RtI time with different groups.  I'll let you know how it goes.


If you found a great book for common core that you use, please let me know.  I would love to share good ideas to use with common core!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover